Fixing “Failed to Create the License Service” in Sage 50
Sage 50 is the most feature-rich accounting software that is being purchased on a large scale. But like any other normal software, it usually comes across errors. One of the most common errors is “Failed to create the license service. Please try again later”. This mainly occurs when you are trying to open or using the Sage 50 Accounts subscription. But there are ways to fix this error in no amount of time. Here below we are suggesting some of the simplest yet effective ways to resolve this error:
Method 1: Run the Administrator Account in Sage:
- Open your Sage account, and right-click on Run as Administrator
Now, check if your account is opening and working fine, and there is no error occurring while doing so. After this, you need to keep a shortcut for a “Run as administrator”, then follow the steps given below:
- Now, open the shortcut and then click on the “Properties”
- Open the Compatibility tab
- Then, go to the Privileged level, and click on the option to run this program as admin. Then, click on the “OK” button
- But, if there is an issue while doing so, you can try the next method.
Method 2: Set the Regional Settings To the “United Kingdom”:
- Hold and press Windows+R keys
- Now type ‘intl.cpl’ and then click OK
- Click on Formats and change the regional settings to English (United Kingdom).
- Click OK and open the Location tab
- Set the location to the “United Kingdom” and then click OK
- Restart your device and check if the issue is resolved
Method 3: Reset the License Information:
- Exit Sage 50
- Now rename the folder as “C:\Program Data\Sage\SDK License” instead of “C:\Program Data\Sage\SDK License OLD”
- Then, go to the C:\Program Data\Sage\Accounts and remove or delete the sage.usr file
- Again try to open the Sage account and provide the license information.
This will most probably fix the issue. If not, try the next method.
Method 4: Remove The URL From the Proxy Server:
Removing the below-given URL from the proxy server:
Method 5: Remove and Re-install the Sage accounts:
If none of the above methods helps, you can try removing/uninstalling the Sage accounts, removing all the related files and then installing them back.
You need to keep trying until you find the right solution for yourself. But if you keep getting this error, you can try contacting the official Sage support team to get the help.