How to Resolve Sage 50 Could Not Find Printer Driver Error
Using Sage 50 accounting software— “the most desirable software that handles the business operations smoothly” if you face error when you’re attempting to “E-mail/Print Forms and Reports” then, it simply indicates that you’ve encountered an error that reads “Could Not Find Printer Driver.” You have encountered this error because of the fact you’ve some issues with your Printer Driver, Sage 50 accounting software, or Sage Email-Program.
So, to get to know about the list of issues related to your Printer Driver, Sage 50 or Sage Email program, simply read the below-given list of all the possible reasons that lead to “Could Not Find Printer Driver” error in Sage 50 accounting software:”
The list of Possible Reasons behind Sage 50 Could Not Find Printer Driver Error:
- Reason 1: When you have Incompatible Email Program
- Reason 2: When you’ve set the incorrect settings on Sage 50 Email Writer
- Reason 3: When you’re trying to use Sage 50 Email-Writer as a Default Printer
- Reason 4: When there are some Permission issues for users and programs
- Reason 5: When the update for Printer Driver is pending.
Now, as you’ve enough understanding of the causes behind the Sage 50 ‘Could Not Find a Printer Driver’ error, let’s move on to the resolution guide to troubleshoot this error effectively. So, continue reading further and perform the steps correctly of the below-listed solutions to help yourself eradicate this error completely:
Solution1: Run Sage 50 and email program as Administrator:
- You can easily resolve Sage 50 could not find printer driver error by running Sage 50 and email program as ‘Administrator.’ And, to do so first you have to close your Sage 50 accounting software as well as the email program.
- After closing both of them, what next you have to do is click right on the Sage 50 accounting software icon.
- Then, from the available contextual menu, select the Sage 50 accounting software ‘Properties’ option.
- Afterward, from the properties tab, you need to simply select the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Then, click on the ‘Change Settings for all users’ button in order to further select the box that reads ‘Run this program as Administrator.’
- Once you have selected it, click on the ‘Apply’ button and also click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, for your email program icon also, you again have to repeat the steps from 2nd to 4th i.e.,
- Click right on the Sage 50 accounting software in order to select its ‘Properties.’
- From it, select ‘Compatibility tab’ and then select ‘Change settings for all users’ button to select the box of ‘Run this program as Administrator.’ Then, apply changes and click on the ‘OK’ button to save the applied changes.
- That’s it! Now, you can open both your Sage 50 and the email program to ensure whether the issue has been resolved or not.
- And, if Sage 50 still shows printer error, then don’t worry as you can try another given method to troubleshoot this error.
Solution 2: Reset the Default Printer if You’re Using Sage Email Writer as Your Default Printer:
- To start with this solution to fix Sage 50 could not find printer driver error; first and foremost you have to exit from your Sage 50 accounting software.
- Along with this, also end the program from Task Manager and to do so-
- Close the Sage 50 tool from every framework.
- Open Windows Task Manager that usually hosts Windows all Databases.
- From it, click on ‘Process Tab’, and then from the list of programs click on the Sage 50 accounting software to end it.
- Afterward, you need to go to the Windows’ ‘Start Menu’ by simply pressing the Windows icon key from your keyboard.
- Then, from the ‘Start Menu’ available options, click on the ‘Devices and Printer’ option (This you can also access from Windows Control Panel).
- Under the ‘Devices and Printer’ window, check whether you’re using Sage 50 Email-writer as your default printer or not.
- If yes, then you need to check for the alternate printer.
- And, once you are able to locate it, you’ve to click right on it to select the ‘Set as Default Printer’ option from the available contextual menu.
- Afterward, select your actual printer and then simply click on ‘Set as Default Printer.’
- Once you’re done with resetting your default printer, close the ‘Devices and Printer’ window in order to sign-in to the ‘Sage Fixed Assets.’
- Then, from Sage Fixed Assets, go to its ‘File’ option and click on the ‘Print Setup.’
- After clicking on the ‘Print Setup’ you also have to click on the alternate printer but make sure to not select Sage Email writer as the printer.
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ button to finally ‘Run the Report Program’ to make sure whether the error related to the printer driver has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Reinstall Printer Drivers to Modify Registry Settings:
- As this error can occur due to the lack of certain privileges in your Registry, so simply fix it by modifying your Registry, once you’re done with the printer re-installation process.
- And to do so, simply press the ‘Windows + R’ key shortcut so that a ‘Windows Run Dialog box’ pop-up in front of you.
- In that, type ‘Regedit’ to open ‘Windows Registry Editor’ and then from its left panel, navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\Software\TS PDF Generator” key.
- Afterward, click right on the ‘TS PDF Generator’ key and then select ‘Permissions’ from the available contextual menu.
- Under it, select the ‘Users Group’ in order to check the ‘Full Control’ option from the ‘Allow’ column.
- That’s it! Lastly, click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ button to apply changes to see whether the problem with the printer driver has been resolved or not.
Other than these given solutions, you can also download and install the ‘Driver Repair Tool’ to run it as ‘Scan’ to fix your issues related to the Printer and its driver by simply updating your Printer Driver.
However, if you still face issues with it, you can directly call the Sage 50 technical support number or simply connect with them on “Sage Chat” support in order to get instant assistance from the Sage technical team.