GST Suvidha Kendra: Making GST Compliance Easier for Businesses
In India, a new tax called the Goods and Services Tax (GST) started on July 1, 2017. The goal was to make taxes easier and more consistent across the country. But, it’s been hard for some businesses, especially small ones, to follow the new rules. To help, the government created places called GST Suvidha Kendras (GSKs) all over the country. These places offer help and support to businesses to make sure they are following the new tax rules correctly.
Therefore, many people want to know more about the GST suvidha center, their franchise, registration process, benefits, etc. So, read out this article to gain complete knowledge of the GST suvidha center.
What is GST Suvidha Center?
A GST Suvidha Kendra is a place where businesses can get help with all things related to GST. They help businesses with things like registering for GST, filing their GST returns, paying their taxes, and making sure they are following all the rules. They act as intermediaries between the taxpayer and the GST Network (GSTN), the IT backbone of the GST system.
The GSTKs are authorized by the GSTN to provide GST-related services to taxpayers. They are managed by GST Suvidha Providers, who are authorized by the GSTN to provide solutions to businesses to make sure they are following the GST rules. The GST suvidha providers are responsible for setting up and managing the GSTKs, training the staff, and ensuring that the Kendras comply with the GSTN guidelines.
Services Provided by GST Suvidha Center
The GST Suvidha Kendras offer a range of services to businesses, including:
Registration process: GSKs assist businesses in different ways, They provide assistance on the “GST suvidha center registration” process, how to fill out the form, and submitting it. And after completing the process, they guide you to obtain the GST registration certificate.
Innovative or multimedia services: GSKs provides complete professional guidance to candidates applying to access facilities. This service includes online marketing, website and logo creation, email marketing, online business listing, mobile app, or web development.
GST payment: They provide full assistance to businesses by helping them with the GST payment process on the GSTN portal, reminding them of the due dates, the type of taxes they have to pay, and the mode of payment.
GST Compliance: They assist businesses in complying with the GST regulations by providing guidance on Annual Secretarial Compliance, The registration of the trademark, filing the patent, maintaining the records, ISO Certification for the business, etc.
Tax return filling: In India, every individual or business that crosses the turnover or salary that is set by the government should require to pay GST. So, the GST suvidha center provides complete guidance on the type of returns, due dates, the filling process, and uploading the return on the GSTN portal.
Elementary services: Apart from all the services mentioned above, GSTS provides elementary guidance to organizations including money transfers, credit card services, Aadhaar money transfers, ticket booking, etc.
Who can Avail of the Services of GST Suvidha Kendra?
Any taxpayer who is registered under GST can avail of the services of GST Suvidha Kendra. Whether you are a small business owner, a large corporate, or a freelancer, you can benefit from the services provided by GST Suvidha Kendra. The Kendras cater to the needs of all taxpayers, regardless of their size or nature of business.
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Open a GST Suvidha Kendra and How?
First, you have to pass out the eligibility criteria, for “GST the suvidha center apply”.
- The individual must have Indian citizenship and should be graduated bachelor’s degree.
- Important to have sufficient knowledge of computers, internet, accounting, and Excel.
- The owner must have 100 sq feet of space within the 4 km of the business hub.
- Apart from commercial space he/she must have other resources including, technology infrastructure like computers, Mbps, internet, resources, types of equipment, etc.
- The owner should have an identity card like an Aadhaar card or pen card and a registration certificate.
- The person must have a commercial license or a company/ firm.
What is the GST Suvidha Kendra Registration Process?
For GST suvidha center/Kendra login, you have to go through these steps.
- Visit the GST Suvidha Kendra portal, or simply click on this link- https://www.gstsuvidhakendra.net/ to land on the new registration page.
- Now, enter all the details including name, state, district, phone no, pan no, etc.
- Click on Proceed button.
- Now submit all the documents. After that, GSTS will update you with the further process.
- Once your application is approved by the GST suvidha center, you have to prepare a demand draft of up to twenty thousand INR.
- After meeting every eligibility criteria, a GST Suvidha Kendra with a minimum investment amount that could total up to Rs 1 lakh will be created in your name.
Benefits of “GST Suvidha Kendra by Government”
The GST Suvidha Kendra has several benefits for businesses, including
- Helps organizations by providing assistance at minimum cost, which is an important opportunity for startups and small businesses.
- It provides marketing and technical support at the initial stage of business.
- GST Suvidha center provides assistance in filling out the registration form or tax, return filing, helping businesses to focus on their core activity, and providing guidance.
- An opportunity to run GST Suvidha center as your business and with knowledge and experience you can earn up to 1,00,000/per month.
- Owners get assistance from experts, who have ample knowledge in this field, which improves business productivity.
- It provides a combined viewpoint of all consumers. And reliable record-keeping that shows errors as they happen.
- By providing complete knowledge about GST rules and regulations, the GST Suvidha center reduces the risk for businesses of penalties and improves compliance with the GST laws.
Companies that Provide GST Suvidha Kendra Franchise
There are several companies in India that offer GST Suvidha Kendra (GSK) franchise opportunities. Here is a list of some of them:
- Masters India Private Limited
- 3i Infotech Ltd
- Abhipra Capital Limited
- Alankit limited
- Amazon Seller Services Private Limited
- CSC eGovernance Services India Limited
- Defmacro Software Private Limited (ClearTax)
- TATA consultancy services Limited
- Zoho Corporation
- Webtel Electrosoft Private Limited
- Tally ( India) Private Ltd
- Shalibhadra Finance Limited
- Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company (GLPC)
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India LLP
- BDO India LLP
The GST Suvidha Kendra are set up across the country to provide assistance and support to businesses in complying with the GST regulations. They offer a range of services such as registration, filing of returns, payment of taxes, and more. These Kendras also provide training and guidance to businesses on GST-related matters.
Overall, the GST Suvidha Kendra has been a significant step towards making the GST regime more accessible and user-friendly for businesses. While there may be some challenges in implementing the Kendras effectively, their contribution to the GST ecosystem cannot be denied.