An Exclusive Guide to Windows 10 Compatibility with Different Quickbooks Desktop Versions
QuickBooks is an ideal financing software for all businesses and individuals. Purchasing and using the QB software is a cake-walk until you waste your entire money on the inappropriate version of QuickBooks. As we all know, QB releases regular updates to keep a match with advanced hardware of maximum devices. Windows 10 is the latest and last Operating system, but very few of us know that Win 10 is divided into various versions. The entire compatibility thing has become a fuss nowadays and hence we have designed a simplified guide that helps you understand the different versions of QuickBooks Desktop and Windows 10. If you have no or very less knowledge about Windows 10 compatibility with different Quickbooks Desktop versions, read this guide till the end and emerge as a pro.
Let’s have a little talk about Windows 10:
Updates and Features to be Found in Windows 10 to Run Quickbooks:
- The current Windows version includes Virtual desktop named as task switcher.
- The Windows 10 start menu is very similar to the start menu of Windows 7.
- Win 10 consists of the .Net Framework (4.6) to make it more captivating
- Windows 10 offers an exclusive browser called EDGE, however it includes support for INternet Explorer 11.
How to Check Windows 10 Version Compatibility with Quickbooks?
The QuickBooks products work differently for the different versions of Windows 10. So, you need to check the version of your Windows 10, so that you can check the compatibility of your OS with QuickBooks software version of your choice. If you have a doubt “is quickbooks compatible with windows 10” then you need to read the manual of the Intuit.
- Go to the Start menu and then enter About your PC.
- Then, click on About your PC
- Scroll down and you will find the version of Windows.
How QuickBooks Desktop Version Supported by Windows 10?
QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Release 7 and later
If you are using the QuickBooks 2016 or the later versions, it will work smoothly with Windows 10. But if you have updated to Windows 10 but your accounting software is older than QB 2016 R7, it is important to update in order to take full benefit of it. Otherwise, you will face issues and conflicts with the use of software.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015 and 2016 (1 to 6)
QuickBooks Desktop keeps getting new patches and updates so that it can work with the maximum number of platforms. But, it also requires compatible components to match with the Operating system and work efficiently. If you are using QB Desktop 2015, the presence of .Net framework 3.5 is an essential. The named framework updates the QuickBooks to a higher version automatically when Windows 10 is installed. However, QB 2015 is not exactly meant for Windows 10 and thus creates regular issues during the use. But enabling the .NET framework can give an edge and improves the overall functioning of QB 2015 software on Windows 10.
How to Enable .Net framework 3.5 to make QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 10:
- Go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features
- Select “Turn Windows features on/off”
- Enable the “ .Net framework 3.5”
- Exit the Control Panel
- Restart your system.
After updating the framework, try to use QuickBooks again and check if the compatibility issues are removed.
QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and Earlier
The QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and earlier versions do not offer support for the Windows 10 operating system. The users often receive multiple errors while using the QB 2014 or earlier on their Win-10 based devices. Unlike Quickbooks 2015 users, the QB 2014 users have no option to make their software compatible with their Win 10 operating system.
Which Windows 10 Version is Compatible with QuickBooks?
We have already discussed how you can check the Windows 10 version. It is now time to see what Windows 10 version works best with QB Desktop software. Now, we will focus on the Win10 OS instead of the version of QB. We have checked the compatibility of all the Windows 10 versions with QuickBooks, and the resultant is given below:
- Windows 10 version 1809: The latest release of QB desktop, the 2020 version, works best with the Windows 10 version 1809. Nevertheless, the QuickBooks 2017-2019 versions are not best suitable for this Windows 10 1809.
- Windows 10 version 1803: This version perfectly hosts the QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020. So, you can use it with most of the latest QB releases
- Windows 10 version 1709: Just like the previous Windows version, this Windows 10 version also work best with QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020 and vice versa
- Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703: These are the outdated versions of Windows 10 and Microsoft no longer provides support to these versions and hence there is no release of QB is certified to work with these versions of Windows 10.
Checking compatibility is the most important factor to ensure the smooth performance of QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows 10 based systems. Above all, if QuickBooks is not compatible with Windows 10, it can result in various problems with QB on Win 10, hence only purchasing the QB release that is certified to work with the OS you are using.