A Thorough Guide to QuickBooks Error 15102
QuickBooks is an outstanding financing software that consists of extra-ordinary features for smooth payroll proceedings. It is an excellent product, but not totally-error free. Users encounter errors with their QB application every now and then. One of the very common error is
QuickBooks error 15102 that creates issues while downloading your payroll updates on QuickBooks. This issue can occur on any version such as QuickBooks Basic Payroll, QuickBooks Standard payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll, QuickBooks Assisted Payroll- any version that calculates the net pay of the employees. It also hampers the process of calculating tax liabilities and hence users look out for the solutions that can ensure the rapid recovery from QB error 15102.
So, here is the complete guide including all the corrective methods to fix the QuickBooks Error 15102. Try all the methods listed below and see which one can help.
But first, let’s understand what can induce the error 15102 on QuickBooks.
Reasons for Quickbooks Error 15102
- It can occur due to an invalid download link and when you have the shared download option is “on”
- If you are using QuickBooks in terminal services environment in multi-user mode, you are likely to encounter this error
- When you are using the outdated version of the software.
- This error can take place when you are not using the application as an administrator or you are not logged-in to your operating system as an administrator.
How to Fix the Quickbooks Error 15102: The Troubleshooting method;
Method 1: Use the Single-User Mode:
Switching to the single-user mode makes sure that the company file is accessed by only one person. If you are using multi-user mode currently, go to the single-user mode to get rid of the error. For this, first, go to the File menu and then select the single-user mode.
Method 2: Check if the Mapped File Location is Correct
- Tap the F2 key and the product window will open. Now once the mapped location path can be seen, write it down in a safe place.
- Click on the Help menu and then select Update QuickBooks
- Next, choose the “options” menu to check is the information of download location is correct
- If you have selected Yes for the shared download option, make sure that the directory if the Download location must match with the directory of QuickBooks Desktop installation
- Now, you need to change the state of the location, if it is not the accurate one
- Select Yes instead of No, in the shared download section and then save it
- If there is “Yes” already selected to change it to “NO”, and click Save
- Now, click Close.
- Download the latest tax table again.
Method 3: Remap the drive to a new letter
- For this, first, close the QuickBooks company file
- Now click on Map your drive to craft new Drive letter
- By opening the mapped drive, Open the company file
- Choose Help and then select Update QuickBooks
- Choose Help and then click Update QuickBooks
- Then, click on the Options tab
- Stop the Shared download using the options tab and then Turn-it on again.
- Now again check and confirm the download location that is used by the new mapped-drive letter
- Click Save
- Then, close the QuickBooks application.
Method 4: Run your QuickBooks application as an administrator:
- Locate QuickBooks on your device and right-click on the application
- Then, choose “Run As Administrator” from the options
- Choose to Continue on being promoted by the User Account Control (UAC) to run the application
- Next, you need to reset the QuickBooks update.
If you are not able to fix the error using the methods listed above or looking for a helping hand to supervise, you can use QuickBooks support services.
Recommended:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999?