Having Corrupted Company Files and Network Errors? QuickBooks File Doctor is For You
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool meant to repair the bugs and glitches that influence the smooth performance of the QuickBooks accounting software. QBFD automatically diagnoses and fixes issues like data corruption, network diagnosis, Windows errors, and many more. In a nutshell, this tool fixes the issues created out of damaged or corrupted files and network errors. It is also an effective option to fix the errors codes like error code -6000 (QB Error -6000, -82, QuickBooks Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147,) and QB error 15106
If you are planning to get QBFD for yourself, make sure you read the given information beforehand.
Let’s Start With A Few Considerable Points:
- You need to log in as Administrator only
- A proper network connection is important to upload the file
- The file must not be larger than 2 GB.
- If you have numerous QuickBooks versions installed on one device, few features such as Network diagnosis and repair may not effective for you.
- QB version 2015 and later ones have QB file doctor as a pre-installed utility.
- QBFD is for all Windows-based devices
- It is not compatible with the QuickBooks products for MAC
Also Read:- How to Repair a Damaged QuickBooks Data File
What Exactly The QuickBooks File Doctor Can Do?
- It can fix the connectivity issues.
- It can also fix the error codes 6150, -6000, -305, -6000, -301, -6130 or -6147 in addition to some other codes: H101, H303, H 202 or H505.
- It can help in fixing the corruption of the company files
- It can recover the damaged and inaccessible files
- If you have lost your data files, this software can help you retrieve those files in one go
- To access the files that are stored on another system, QFCD is of great help.
How to Install QuickBooks File Doctor?
Before beginning with the installation, you first need to remove the previously installed QBFD versions.
- Download the installation package from OEM
- Open the setup file by double-clicking on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
- Type your login ID and password when prompted
- Now select the type of device you are using: Hos PC or Workstation PC
- Select the company file that you want to diagnose from the drop-down list
- Let the QB install the file and diagnose the issue.
Piece of advice: In case you are not able to install the QuickBooks tool or the external file Doctor is not working effectively to fix the damaged company file, you can contact the QBFD support team.
Types Of QuickBooks Fix Doctor Tools:
- In-built File Doctor for QB desktops and later versions.
- QBFD stand-alone version that is used from the server where the QuickBooks Database Server Management component is installed for file hosting
How to Use the QuickBooks File Doctor?
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the QB file doctor.
- Now open the “qbfd.exe file” and follow on-screen instructions
- If you have properly installed the QBFD on your device, the tool will automatically open itself or you can do it manually by going to the “Start” menu and open the tool from there.
- Once open, search for the file using the browsing options.
- Next, you need to choose the option “check file damage only” and then select “Diagnose File”
- Edit the Admin password when needed and you will get the option to update the file to the latest version in QBFD or later.
- Now the tool will begin with the diagnose process and repair the files automatically.
- Once the process is completed, you can get the repaired files directly from the tool. But if you are using multiple QB versions, you will be asked which version you want to open.
- This network diagnostic tool will proficiently fix all the errors and recover the damaged files in no time.
- Once the diagnosis is completed, you can either close the tool or reopen the file to cross-check the effectiveness of the tool.
Facts about QBFD:
- It is only effective for US, CA and UK versions of QuickBooks
- If you only need to repair Quickbooks data, it is not necessary to have the QuickBooks installed on your device.
- It is suitable for both network diagnosis and server repair
- The in-built version of QBFD supports Windows 10, Windows 7, Server 2003-2012
Know the limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- The company file size must be lesser than 2 GB
- It is necessary to have a stable internet connection for the functioning of this tool
- The user must log in as an administrator
- It is not effective when you have the multiple QB versions installed on your device
- The devices that have Database Server Manager cannot use the Network Connectivity diagnosis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is QuickBooks File Doctor Safe to use?
This tool is quite safe to use and can effectively fix network connection errors. This tool is a certified diagnosis option available for QB users.
- How to repair the QuickBooks Files?
How long does the QBFD take to repair?
- First, go to File>>Utilities>>Rebuild data
- On the QB Information Window, click OK
- Wait till the repair process completes
- Click OK when finished
- Now, go to the File menu and then Utilities followed by Verified data.
- Let the tool check and fix the issues.
It takes only a few minutes for completion, once you begin the repair process. How to find my QB company file?
- Open the QB software
- On the QN startup screen, Click on the name of your company file
- Now Press and hold “Ctrl” and hit 1.
- Go to “File information” to get the directory path of QB files.